“This is really an amazing machine we’re adding to Honda’s list of models for 2011.” says Bill Savino (Honda Powersports Press Manager).
The new 2011 Honda CBR250R is specifically aimed at new riders, yet it’s packed full of high-tech features and offers great performance, all in a lightweight, affordable package. This new model expands another segment of the market for Honda buyers.”
The Honda CBR250 R features an efficient 249cc, liquid-cooled single engine that features an all-new design with sophisticated four-valve DOHC cylinder head, engine counterbalancer, and fuel injection.
On the handling side, the lighweight Honda CBR250R features a diamond twin-spar steel frame plus a 37mm front fork and Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension, which provide impressive handling and a comfortable ride.
The Honda CBR 250 R will also be available with ABS. Colors are Metallic Black and Red Silver. Honda expects the bikes on the showroom floors in Spring 2011.
2011 Honda CBR250R / Features and Benefits
- The sophisticated, all-new Honda 249.4cc single-cylinder engine is thoroughly modern in design thanks to its dual overhead camshafts driven by a Hy-Vo-type chain, forked roller rocker arms, four-valve head, shim-style valve adjustment, counterbalancer shaft and liquid cooling.
- The Honda CBR250R has a single-cylinder engine that produces a remarkably broad torque curve with peak torque generated at an easily accessible 7000 rpm.
- Peak horsepower kicks in at 8500 rpm, well before the 10,500-rpm redline-further testimony to the wide spread of power.
- Such power characteristics facilitate easy, responsive operation while also returning impressive fuel economy.
- The crankshaft runs in plain bearings for quieter operation, and the big end of the connecting rod spins in a needle bearing.
- Gear-driven counterbalancer shaft helps quell engine vibrations for rider comfort. It’s located so close to the crankshaft that the balancer weight passes between the two crank weights to keep the engine as compact as possible while boosting mass centralization.
- Engine countershaft sits lower than the mainshaft to further reduce the front-to-back engine dimension.
- Honda Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions, thereby delivering optimal performance and remarkably crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions, plus increased fuel economy.
- PGM-FI system incorporates an Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) to minimize torque reaction and smooth responses to small changes in throttle position.
- This is accomplished through gradual reductions of air and fuel intake when the throttle is opened and closed.
- Thanks to its single-cylinder configuration, the CBR250R incorporates a light, compact and fuel-efficient powerplant, resulting in an overall package that is remarkably compact and nimble for intuitive handling dynamics.
- The six-speed transmission works in concert with the engine’s broad power delivery to produce quick acceleration plus admirable fuel economy during top-gear cruising.
- Diamond twin-spar steel frame plus a 37mm front fork and Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension provide impressive handling and a comfortable ride.
- ABS version available for enhanced braking characteristics.
- Base weight of only 359 pounds gives the CBR250R outstanding maneuverability and helps instill rider confidence.
- Stylish full fairing with windscreen deflects the oncoming wind to boost rider comfort.
- Sporting ergonomics keep the rider perched in a well-balanced seating position to deliver a natural feel and comfortable stance even over daylong rides.
- Full-sized 17-inch cast wheels return big-bike feel and handling traits.
- Fuel capacity of 3.4 gallons gives the CBR250R a cruising range of more than 200 miles.
- An external fuel filter maximizes fuel tank capacity while also easing fuel filter maintenance.
- Grab rails on the tail section are designed to fit gloved hands, giving passengers a dedicated handhold while riding two-up.
- A handy underseat storage area adds to the CBR250R’s versatility.
- Multi-function digital instrument pod includes speedometer, tachometer, engine temperature display, fuel gauge, clock, odometer and trip meter.
- Exciting Honda CBR250R colors: Metallic Black and Red/Silver.
2011 Honda CBR250R / Genuine Accessories
- Seat Cowl
- Carbon Fiber Tank Pad
- Cycle Cover
2011 Honda CBR250R / Motorcycle Specs
Model: CBR250R / CBR250R ABS
Engine Type: 249.4cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 76mm x 55mm
Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Induction: PGM-FI, 38mm throttle body
Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
Suspension: Front: 37mm fork
Rear: Pro-Link single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability
Brakes: Front: Single 296mm disc
Rear: Single 220mm disc
Tires: Front: 110/70-17 radial
Rear: 140/70-17 radial
Wheelbase: 53.9 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 25.0°
Trail: 95mm (3.74 inches)
Seat Height: 30.9 inches
Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gallons
Color: Metallic Black, Red/Silver
Curb Weight*: 359 pounds / 368 pounds (ABS)
Price: TBA Nov. 11, 2011
Source: Ultimate Motorcycling and Honda